Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. Can't find the information you're looking for? Contact us!

Is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) a disease?
Yes, obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a chronic disease.
My child snores at night and complains of headaches when they wake up and often falls asleep during the day. Can they suffer from obstructive sleep apnea at their age?
Yes, this disease affects people of all ages.
Do all snorers suffer from obstructive sleep apnea?
No, not necessarily. A medical diagnosis can confirm it.
Can I choose to have my sleep test done at home instead of at the lab?
Your doctor will prescribe the appropriate method for your condition, either a laboratory polysomnography (PSG) or a non-laboratory cardiorespiratory sleep polygraph (CRSP).
How is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) treated?
Two therapies have been shown to be effective in treating obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), a breathing device and an intraoral device, the mandibular advancement orthotic (MAO).
Will a snoring appliance move my jaws?
If the appliance is properly fitted and the post-insertion follow-up is consistent, especially during the first year, very few irreversible complications occur.
Why do I need to see a dentist if my doctor is prescribing the Mandibular Advancement Brace (MAB)?
The dentist, according to the doctor’s prescription, performs a specific oral examination, designs the brace, puts it in the mouth, makes the necessary adjustments and ensures the follow-up of the treatment in collaboration with the doctor.
Can I buy my mandibular advancement orthotics on the Internet?
It is not recommended. In Québec, only a dentist can treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) with a mandibular advancement orthotic (MAO) as prescribed by your doctor.
What size is my mandibular advancement appliance (MAD)?
The size is based on your oral and craniofacial morphology. The appliance covers the upper and lower teeth, keeping the mandible in an advanced position to clear your airway.
Will my mandibular advancement appliance (MAD) be covered by the Québec Health Insurance Plan (RAMQ)?
No, but the costs may be eligible for the medical expense tax credit. You can ask your insurance company or certain government agencies for more information.
Can I reduce my symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)?
Yes! Adopting healthy lifestyle habits, such as maintaining a healthy weight, regular exercise, moderate alcohol consumption and not smoking will reduce your symptoms. Your sleep hygiene can also minimize your symptoms. Having a regular sleep routine and limit your exposure to light at night (TV, computer or game console).